Jump to navigation
- Mark Palmeri Ph.D., and Kathy Nightingale Ph.D. gave invited talks at the annual American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) conference in Orlando FL.
- Congratulations to Adam Pely for earning his MS this semester!
- Congratulations to Yufeng Deng for the acceptance of his paper 'Ultrasonic Shear Wave Elasticity Imaging Sequencing and Data Processing Using a Verasonics Research Scanner' to IEEE: TUFFC (https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2016.2614944)
- Congratulations to Mark Palmeri for the acceptance of his paper 'Guidelines for Finite-Element Modeling of Acoustic Radiation Force-Induced Shear Wave Propagation in Tissue-Mimicking Media' to IEEE: TUFFC (https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2016.2641299)
- Congratulations to Sam Lipman. She was a student paper finalist at the International Tissue Elasticity Conference (ITEC) 2016.
- Congratulations to Peter Hollender Ph.D. and Mark Palmeri Ph.D. who have been awarded a one year grant through the Duke-Coulter Translational Partnership to develop an ultrasound elastography device to find biomarkers for chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD).
- A paper authored by Yufeng Deng, Ned Rouze, Mark Palmeri, and Kathryn Nightingale, On System-Dependent Sources of Uncertainty and Bias in Ultrasonic Quantitative Shear-Wave Imaging was recognized as an IEEE TUFFC Editor's selection. A full list of the selections can be found: http://www.ieee-uffc.org/publications/tr/editors-selection-2016-08.asp
- Congratulations to Cody for his acceptance into the Medical Imaging Training Program (MITP). Also congratulations to Bofeng on winning a 2nd year fellowship and Anna for her 2nd year on the McElhaney fellowship. All have received full funding for the next year!
- Congratulations to Tamma Ketsiri for having her poster on Ultrasonic Shear Wave Imaging of the Median Nerve accepted for presentation at the 2016 BMES annual meeting!
- Congratulations to our graduating seniors Tyler Glass and Ningrui Li! This fall Tyler will begin medical school at UNC Chapel Hill and Ningrui will begin his PhD in Electrical Engineering at Stanford!
- Mark was promoted to Associate Research Professor
- Mark attended the QIBA Annual Meeting where the first draft of the QIBA US SWS profile is taking shape (http://qibawiki.rsna.org/index.php/Ultrasound_SWS_Biomarker_Ctte).
- Congratulations to Ningrui and Tyler who presented the culmination of the Pratt Fellows work last week in 3D VTK prostate data visualization!
- "Derivation and analysis of viscoelastic properties in human liver: impact of frequency on fibrosis and steatosis staging" was recognized as a Highly Cited Article in IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2014.006653).
- "Identifying Clinically Significant Prostate Cancers using 3-D in Vivo Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse Imaging with Whole-Mount Histology Validation" is Open Access avaiable the Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2016.01.004).
- Sam's manuscript "Evaluating the Improvement in Shear Wave Speed Image Quality using Multi-Dimensional Directional Filters in the Presence of Reflection Artifacts" was accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control