Graduate students Courtney Trutna, Derek Chan, and Anna Knight all presented work at the annual International Symposium on Ultrasonic Imaging Tissue Characterization in DC. Check out their abstracts at uitc-symposium.org
Congratulations to our newly graduated doctors: Dr. Samantha Lipman and Dr. Yufeng Deng! We have so enjoyed working with you these past few years and know you both will do amazing things in the future.
Also congratulations to Dr. Nightingale for winning the Duke University Pratt School of Engineering Lois & John L. Imhoff Distinguished Teaching Award! https://pratt.duke.edu/faculty/awards/pratt
Dr. Rouze's latest paper "Characterization of Viscoelastic Materials using Group Shear Wave Speeds" is now available online at IEEE UFFC. Check it out here: https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2018.2815505
Congratulations to the newly minted Dr. Samantha Lipman! She defended her dissertation entitled Multi-Dimensional Ultrasonic Shear Wave Reconstructions: Improving the Accuracy of Viscoelastic Parameter Estimation
Congrats to Sam for her latest paper: Impact of Acoustic Radiation Force Excitation Geometry on Shear Wave Dispersion and Attenuation Estimates in Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology. Check it out here: https://authors.elsevier.com/c/1Wb~f_6srF3-3r
- Mark Palmeri, MD, PhD; Peter Hollender, PhD; and A Rambi Cardones, MD; will be leading the MEDx Imaging the Skin Colloquia on Thursday 10/26. More information can be found at the following link: http://medx.duke.edu/happenings/events/imaging-skin-new-approaches-study...
- Our lab was awarded a grant renewal by the NIH: Image guided targeted biopsy of clinically significant prostate cancer with acoustic radiation force. This grant is a collaborative effort with Siemens.
- Dr. Ned Rouze, Sam Lipman, Courtney Trutna, Bofeng Zhang, and Cody Morris all gave talks at UITC 2017. Check out their abstracts here.
- Welcome to Matthew Huber, our summer REU student from Rhodes College.
- Congratulations to Yufeng Deng Ph.D. for successfully defending his thesis on May 4th.
- Congratulations to Tamma Ketsiri and Courtney Trutna for graduating BME with B.S.E.s.
- Sam Lipman, Cody Morris, Ned Rouze Ph.D., Courtney Trutna, and Bofeng Zhang's abstracts were accepted for presentation at the annual Ultrasonic Imaging and Tissue Characterization (UITC) conference in Washington D.C. June 5-7th.
- The lab would like to welcome Derek Chan and welcome back Courtney Trutna as new graduate students beginning in this Summer. Both will graduate with B.S.E.s from Duke University in 2017.