Jump to navigation
- Our lab was awarded a grant renewal by the NIH: Image guided targeted biopsy of clinically significant prostate cancer with acoustic radiation force. This grant is a collaborative effort with Siemens.
- Dr. Ned Rouze, Sam Lipman, Courtney Trutna, Bofeng Zhang, and Cody Morris all gave talks at UITC 2017. Check out their abstracts here.
- Welcome to Matthew Huber, our summer REU student from Rhodes College.
- Congratulations to Yufeng Deng Ph.D. for successfully defending his thesis on May 4th.
- Congratulations to Tamma Ketsiri and Courtney Trutna for graduating BME with B.S.E.s.
- Sam Lipman, Cody Morris, Ned Rouze Ph.D., Courtney Trutna, and Bofeng Zhang's abstracts were accepted for presentation at the annual Ultrasonic Imaging and Tissue Characterization (UITC) conference in Washington D.C. June 5-7th.
- The lab would like to welcome Derek Chan and welcome back Courtney Trutna as new graduate students beginning in this Summer. Both will graduate with B.S.E.s from Duke University in 2017.
- Mark Palmeri Ph.D., and Kathy Nightingale Ph.D. gave invited talks at the annual American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) conference in Orlando FL.
- Congratulations to Adam Pely for earning his MS this semester!
- Congratulations to Yufeng Deng for the acceptance of his paper 'Ultrasonic Shear Wave Elasticity Imaging Sequencing and Data Processing Using a Verasonics Research Scanner' to IEEE: TUFFC (https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2016.2614944)
- Congratulations to Mark Palmeri for the acceptance of his paper 'Guidelines for Finite-Element Modeling of Acoustic Radiation Force-Induced Shear Wave Propagation in Tissue-Mimicking Media' to IEEE: TUFFC (https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2016.2641299)
- Congratulations to Sam Lipman. She was a student paper finalist at the International Tissue Elasticity Conference (ITEC) 2016.
- Congratulations to Peter Hollender Ph.D. and Mark Palmeri Ph.D. who have been awarded a one year grant through the Duke-Coulter Translational Partnership to develop an ultrasound elastography device to find biomarkers for chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD).
- A paper authored by Yufeng Deng, Ned Rouze, Mark Palmeri, and Kathryn Nightingale, On System-Dependent Sources of Uncertainty and Bias in Ultrasonic Quantitative Shear-Wave Imaging was recognized as an IEEE TUFFC Editor's selection. A full list of the selections can be found: http://www.ieee-uffc.org/publications/tr/editors-selection-2016-08.asp
- Congratulations to Cody for his acceptance into the Medical Imaging Training Program (MITP). Also congratulations to Bofeng on winning a 2nd year fellowship and Anna for her 2nd year on the McElhaney fellowship. All have received full funding for the next year!
- Congratulations to Tamma Ketsiri for having her poster on Ultrasonic Shear Wave Imaging of the Median Nerve accepted for presentation at the 2016 BMES annual meeting!